PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 09:45
3MTA3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Heavydane, I must say I couldn't imagine such an attitude coming from a major. This attitude of hating pilots and, still, being willing to run an airline is totally incomprehensible, certainly some form of mental illness.
Gubbi123, to answer your questions, I was looking for a job close to home. On paper, the operation looked promising and I can understand that SAS was trying to cut costs by dodging one of the most expensive and overprotective systems in the world when it comes to labour costs.Other systems exist in Europe where the labor cost is cheaper without being a rip off for the employee.Since I was part of the first pilots joining I couldn't have any feedback. It turned out that none of the promises were kept except for one: the crappy salary. Actually this one exceeded all of my expectations.
Concerning the resignation part, during my stay in this company I kept on receiving offers for other jobs coming from my employer: Parc. I didn't expect them to take it easy, but I expected them to take it professionally as I didn't slam the door and I resigned according to the terms of my contract. Now I know that it was the first and the last time I've been working for these useless meat sellers, especially after witnessing their total incompetence on every single domain. They were incapable on booking plane or train tickets, hotels, transport to the sim, even a proper OCC or sim session. And they always serve you the same lousy excuse : "we're a startup, you knew about it". From the secretary unable of accomplishing a task a toddler would manage to the one threatening you to cover her mistakes, now I see Parc as a modern times Midas turning gold into crap. One of the guys, quite pissed off that a secretary couldn't match his logbook pages, decided to draw on the corners a triangle, a star, a circle so she could match the circle with the circle, the star with the star… Well, she failed. The same way she failed at obtaining us an airport pass. They had to re do the process from scratch 3 times, and when they started panicking when they realized that none of the pilots had a pass, they started putting the blame on us and started sending threatening emails.
So now, I'm back to the other side of the world working for an imperfect airline, but an airline that uses the magic word "please" when they ask me for a favor and apologize and assume the consequences when they made a mistake. In another word, they treat me like a human being.