PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 07:35
Seagull201

Just a little off track with this post, i had a look at some of the you tube videos, showing the Rex academy and their graduates, Jetstar cadet F/O's, also the two media video clips on the pilot shortage situation,
I'm absolutely stunned-shocked, when i see people no more than 19, 20, 21 or 22, flying as an F/O on a saab 340, A320, and a S/O on the 787.
Rex could have introduced a level 2 entry for new F/O's,for people that have a frozen ATPL, same as what QF is doing, but they don't want to.

These young people have worked hard and are very fortunate to be in the right seat, compared to other people, who are grinding it out in general aviation, until they can qualify to fill an application form and have a look at.
Apart from that, someone that's in their early 20's as an F/O, stands to pocket at least 3 million dollars net, if they work only 25 to 30 years.
it's better than winning the lottery.
Nothing more i can say.

I didn't know that so many different video clips existed on google/you tube, Rex academy, Jetstar cadets, Virgin cadets, it's interesting viewing.
I suppose that's the direction things are heading in the future, with these cadet academy's and there's more to come with the QF academy.

Apart from that, there's many turbine jobs going for high hour individuals and all grades of instructors, they all pay decent money.

That's life.