PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2018, 12:24
nightfright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contractors need to do a conversion course and induction incl sims before they go online - they also need to be interviewed and recruited, etc which could take 3 weeks plus to 1 - 2 months to complete.

Don't forget these guys also need to be sourced in the current market .... by which time they will be ready to serve for the summer 2018 hopefully.

I didn't think there were so many A320 people around....I am aware of people they have who are contractors on the 757s.

It would make sense for these contractors to support for the summer....most of the new perm recruits to be called for 2019 maybe...

As said given the need in the market for A320 people, not sure if there are so many A320 guys around ....? i could be wrong and happy to be proved wrong.

Also why go searching for perm guys/girls if you already have A320 pilots flying the line with you as contractors using your SOPS and already fit in the company - why wouldn't they offer these perm places to them - naturally less risk for them and quicker?? This happens in other professions but not massively in aviation are those who are mostly looking for a decent perm job!

Aer Lingus clearly knows as do other airlines that it can treat anyone as they want and many times like s**t - purely because they know the desperation that if they throw out a scrap, there will be 100+ pilots who will run for that....

So wait for the final call - you will know one way or another if its your turn or not.