PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2018, 04:02
Seagull201

[QUOTE=DHC8 Driver;10069295]The problem with this industry is that there will ALWAYS be people prepared to work for nothing just for a chance at flying a plane, for wearing the cool uniform, telling their mates they are an airline pilot. I can’t blame them. I was like that myself once, flying skydiving aircraft for free to get hours. I saw an ad today for Eagle Jet in the US offering a chance to fly a B747 freighter in the Middle East - just pay $59,000 US and it’s all yours! So I guess the lure of flying for ANG is too tempting for some.

For a person to do these Eaglejet programmes, an FAA or JAA license is needed, also some type of visa, a person has to pay for their own accommodation, the biggest worry is sending tens of thousands of dollars to people on the other side of the world, that just answer the phone.

If a person wants to go down that path and has access to large amounts of money, a better option would be, to get an A320 type rating (35K simulator only) and sign up for the Vietjet cadet programme.
Details are listed through the Vietjet website under careers. Person needs an ICAO Frozen ATPL and type rating.

I know there has been large amounts of discussion on Vietjet, there's nothing mentioned on their website that their programme is a pay to fly scheme, if it is, it's a better option than through Eagle.
Virtually all the Captains at Vietjet are foreigners. Vietnam's an interesting place.