PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad news from Gandalf Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2001, 14:06
Obi Wan Kirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mile High Man you seem to be very mad at everybody.
We all know that the world of aviation is always a rollercoaster ride, there are good companies and bad ones.

I hope Gandalf Airlines survives because there are good people working for them and if it doesn't most will find jobs with other carriers.

As far as my case goes I have nothing against anyone and hope that Mile High Man finds another job too.

Easyjet is agood airline expanding rapidly and consequently suffering from growing pains. they have a training window, if you are hired and arrive at their standard within the window you stay if not you're out. They can't afford to act differently, I'd use the same policy if I were part of their management.

Gandalf are only trying to restructure the company in order to save it. When this happens the last people hired are asked to leave. This happens in any industry. It is better to make redundant 100 people and save 200 people's jobs than keep all 300 and shut the company down. they are doing the right thing. Too bad for the jobless but today's market works this way, these are the rules of the game. Job security probably only exists with Airlines like British Airways, Alitalia, Lufthansa, etc...