PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2018, 10:19
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the pier opens it will only part open on the stand side as the coach pick up side has a full length trench running along it where the coaches will stop. Also the top layer of tarmac has yet to be applied. I didn't think the apron side looked much better either with machinery digging up some of the concrete last week.

As for Foxtrot, and this is just a guess. When the extension to Bravo opened the contractor moved into the Midterm car park to finish that project off and to remodel part of it to allow for the construction of the DART. While that is still being finished off they have started on the new drop off zone in the short term car park. I am assuming that in April or May time after these existing projects are completed and when the ground starts to dry out a little they will start on taxiway Foxtrot which has a completion date of 2020.

I was watching the de-icing today which still takes an age. I wasn't sure whether de-icing is done with the engines running but I can confirm it is.