PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geez Qantas that was quick!
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2018, 06:29
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
What's 15 years of heavy jet fuel at 5-7,000kgs of fuel per hour for EACH jet worth?? So sad....
For the GT's out there - that's the EXTRA fuel a 380/744 burns compared to a Gamechanger/777 for every hour it's in the air. Lucky we work for an airline that prides itself on being carbon neutral and extremely efficient! Imagine if we weren't!!

As an aside, I think I've answered my own question. It's worth about $25m a year to the most incompetent leader since a German Corporal decided Russian winters wouldn't be a problem. God knows what Scrotum face extracted. That's a whole 'nother issue...

Again, nothing against Jetstar crew and staff at all. Just so very, very sad. The only thing I can say is that crew and engineering costs (until there is a giant hole in the ground) are a relatively minimal expense.

PS: I saw and got chatting to a Thai JQ Cabin crew in BNE a few months ago on the tail of something just appalling. What they go through as a matter of course in their working lives is horrific. Not out of pity, but out of respect I handed my duty boarding pass to the senior guy to hand out to whoever he felt deserved it best. For a 'Group' who 'prides itself on a great work/life balance' I was disgusted at what these people are 'required' to perform domestically in Australia, where I see it as straight out illegal, let alone internationally.

As a well known QF F/O often states (when he's not stealing cars of course ) R E S P E C T....