PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geez Qantas that was quick!
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 20:30
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooooo, the alternative is to shut down JQ and grow Qantas mainline????
Did not suggest that, I said it has a role in the leisure market.
I did say that separating the segments would give 'transparency'. That may actually show how poor a contributor the 'International' JQ business actually is.

With JQ out of the way, and given Virgins ‘me too’ strategy, the LCC space would be vacant for a new entrant. Lion, Air Asia etc., who will happily step in and eat your lunch (commands) and then greedily go for seconds.
That was the original line pitched by Mr Dixon.
How precisely would a foreign entrant operate domestically?
The only way currently under consideration would be cabotage. That would allow foreign competitors onshore flying domestically.
With charateristic classic hypocrisy Qantas oppose that, but want crew cabotage with Jetconnect. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

Staff - yes QF mainline pilots and some others would love it. Meanwhile 7000 JQ people unemployed
Allegedly 5,000 Qantas staff were shown the door, JQ to date have not experienced one job loss.

As I have restated several times, JQ have a role, but nowhere near the scale management ideologically cling to.

Want to see who makes what? Separate the JQ segments into International and Domestic. Then we would more clearly see which 'business' carries its weight.