PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical lapsing
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 20:20
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by outnabout
I like the use of the word "experienced" - as in:
It will assist in broadening the pool of experienced pilots that are able to offer flight instruction—offering benefits to current and future student pilots.

As far as I can see, there is no requirement for a minimum number of hours, so therefore I question the use of the word "experienced"....you may be getting someone with a bare PPL, and a basic instructors rating, who can provide training of dubious quality without the oversight of a crusty, experienced, CFI.

This exact situation currently exists for training in aerobatics, low level, and spin recovery.....
Just like most other places in the world, pay your money and take your choice (after seeking advice usually).

As for dubious quality, there is a brand new aerobatic training endorsement with a MOS and a test by an examiner. Previously almost any Gr1 instructor could put a stamp in the logbook of an inexperienced instructor with nil guidance.

The USA has no aerobatic endorsement so any PPL can teach others. Low level aerobatics simply requires being a member of their aerobatic club. Unless doing displays where an annual check, to very specific standards, is required unlike here.