PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic information
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:54
maik1302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys.

I would like to share with you my experience as Dash8 FO candidate for airBaltic:

I was contacted by Ingmar Kibermanis offering me an assessment for de Dash8, if I was sucessful I had to pay for the Type Rating. Also the assessment have a fee of 500€ which, in case I was successful it would be discounted from the TR :"We are charging this amount just to be sure that your plans are serious. As promised – if you are successful, we offer you to join airBaltic and if you come – we will deduct these 500 EUR from the payment for your type rating.". They also offered me tickets on airBaltic Flights to travel to Riga.

Ok, once time in Riga, the day of the assessment the assessor arrived late because the initial assessor went sick, after this the SIM was very rush; No time for briefings, manouver after manoeuver, directs to some RNAV points, etc. The assessor left after the sim and we didn´t have any technical questions. We had HHRR and Psychological interviews. I was the last one so I was done around 16:00. This was on Friday. Now, Just the next Monday I received the Email asking me if I was available on Wednesday in the morninig for the Skype interview with the chief pilots. Of course I answered I was available. Then, the next day I receive an email:

"Hello, xxxxxx!

I am very sorry but we will have to cancel the interview tomorrow, there is one more important thing came up.

I will let you know later.

Sorry!"

I answered that no problem and I would stay tuned. Of course they did not send me any email along the week, so the next Monday at evening, just in order to plan my life I answered them, very respectfully, if would be possible to know if the interview would be this week. Just in orden to plan my actual work. This was on Monday. They did not sent me any response on Tuesday and, suddenly today, wednesday I received a generic Email :

Dear Miguel,

Thank you very much for your interest and participation in the pilots’ selection process.

However, after careful evaluation of your theoretical, practical and psychological knowledge and tests, it has been decided that your current level of skills is not sufficient for airBaltic standards.

Wishing good luck in your future career!

Best regards,

Nothing else, after have been one week updating my email evry 30 minutes, after have paid "Because we want ensure your plans are very serious" they say good bay with this bad manners.

This post is just because I would like to everybody know what kind of people they are. Just this.

Best of luck everybody.