PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 130 down at the Grand Canyon
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:42
GrayHorizonsHeli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the recent lawsuit for one paramedic that was awarded 100 million, and the undisclosed award to the second paramedic for their injuries suffered in their crash and fire that killed the pilot, is a huge motivator to do something about the problem. With two survivors remaining and similar lawsuits likely on the horizon, you can bet the bank accounts of airbus and papillon are going to get appreciably smaller again.

Hindsight, I'm personally glad they are taking the steps to modify their aircraft, but who else is? I hope many more follow suit. It really is costly for this kit, but again, look at the lawsuit cost, is it worth the risk? to some yes, to others no. Its tragic that it took another accident to get to this point though.
will the marketing brochures for the tour operators start listing the fuel tank status in an effort to gain passenger loads over the competitor?? Will customers start asking about the fuel tanks, shoulder harness', helmets and flame retardant clothing for their flights, or will they still be clueless and naive about the serious nature if something goes for a ****. Most believe they are paying for their safety up front and nobody is putting them at risk right???

I was perplexed the day after this accident though, with the smoke hardly cleared, I was seeing facebook posts from Maverick, claiming awards for their maintenance staff and the best maintenance in the industry. You tell me that wasn't ill timed and a low blow, when they should have been supporting their competitors under the tragic circumstances. It shows it's all about money and nothing else. Im actually surprised that Maverick didn't do an ad, with their maintenance staff sitting around a roaring campfire showing off their framed certificates of excellence.