PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 28th Feb 2018, 14:53
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Exrigger

Thanks. If you just take the first one, RA4970, para 2 (Tolerable and ALARP).....

Completely ignored in this XX177 case. MoD denied it knew the area of risk was NOT ALARP. It concealed the evidence that showed it not to be ALARP since 1990, and that it had rejected the modification that would eliminate the risk. When revealed (last month), MoD and HSE declared it irrelevant. I'm afraid I have no confidence in the MAA when they tolerate this.

This RA doesn't introduce the concept of tolerable and ALARP. Like most MAA documents, it simply re-phrases existing and perfectly good procedures, regulations and instructions. I'm sorry if I upset anyone, but there are a raft, perhaps hundreds of 'SO3/2/1' working on these as if they were staff papers, oblivious to the fact that very junior MoD staff know it all backwards, and laugh at the ineptitude of it all. I learned a lot of this stuff from a 4th year apprentice, when I was a year behind him. And God knows I was backward and a slow learner.