PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 down in Lagos discussion (Not condolences)
Old 28th Feb 2018, 12:55
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RVDT
No doubt - but does it not expose the possibility that the test is not without fault?
If the pilots were only occasionally doing the required mandatory servo check - 3 times in the last 14 starts when the RFM says it must be done after every start - is indicative to me either of a lax attitude, or appalling lack of knowledge. There is no other way to dice it. One or the other being self evident lends the idea that when the check was actually done it may not have been done properly. I'd like to see the FDR data points on those 3 occasions captured when the check was done (if I recall, the resolution of the cyclic/collective position data is 4 samples/sec, which should be sufficient to confirm whether there was no delay between applying control inputs and isolating each hydraulic system).

There is no point doing the check if you don't do it properly. So do it properly. Don't invent your own way of doing it. The test is not at fault here.

Last edited by gulliBell; 28th Feb 2018 at 13:09.