PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 11:10
The Nutts Mutts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nakata- I'm highly confident of the numbers on the SOU-GVA route, although I think Flybe actually did better in terms of numbers than MarkeyD allowed for them, so in that case the EZY numbers will be slightly lower. My own figure for EZY SOU was an average of 124 pax per flight.
As for BOH, the service started on the 9th December and operated Thurs-Mon with two flights on Saturdays. That gave 21 departures (I counted Xmas day but I don't know for certain if flights operated that day). Double it gives the actual number of flights including the inbound legs, so 42 flights in the month. Total pax figure 4441 from CAA stats, divided by 42 gives 105.73 rounded up to 106 average per flight.

It's not a willy waving competition, I just find that SOU attracts a lot of negativity on here and ever since the EZY route from there was announced there have been a lot of comments about how the route didn't appear to be doing well, so as a SOU fan I'm happy to see that the first month doesn't seem to have been the total disaster that some may have foreseen.
I'm happy to see the BOH figures doing well compared to previous years in spite of the competition up the road, and I think there's a big enough market for both airports. For me the issue is stopping the leakage of pax to London from both south coast airports, there's a large market here waiting to be served correctly.