PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:47
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks InOban markets will decide but sometimes I feel that people make comments on routes getting cancelled at another airport with glee, oh I hope EK move as well blah blah, forgetting that 300(which I believe is a bit exaggerated) have lost their jobs & career in an area of Scotland (Paisley down to Gourock and Greenock) where unemployment is high especially in low entry requirement jobs like Menzies & Swissport roles. These people will find it hard to find new jobs, most are mothers & fathers with child care. They can’t move to Edinburgh to work. I work in both airports and I want both to expand. Yes it would have been better in 60’s we built a single airport but politically that wouldn’t happen it sited the politics at the time to have the regions fly through LHR. Also we couldn’t even build the M8 the most important road in Scotland until 2017!! And even now it really is a jumped up A class road from Blackhill to Edinburgh. Two lanes to serve 3.5m people! Sorry for rant but I just feel the the people being made redundant are more important than what Airport is biggest