PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2018, 16:23
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seemly FR asked if passengers would mind flying into EDI and they said yes but I wonder if they asked if you minded going to EDI at a higher cost! Anyway the LDY flight as my experience is always full at the weekend moving Rangers & Celtic fans around. Most stadiums are in the West, fans busses obviously leave Glasgow to the other games. Fans also want to be in Glasgow City Centre before and after the game. This will really affect these customers. The Old Firm fans will be the reason why the route works as i’m sure FR don’t sell £9.99 fares that weekend.
Also majority of people in Donegal with connections to Scotland are Glasgow & the West. This will make this route an expensive proposition in that you either get the bus to Buchanan Str and from there to your final destination at an added cost or relatives have to travel to EDI at a higher cost rather than GLA. I really don’t know who would come in as SAAB 340 or 2000 will be rather small, but maybe Loganair or it’s sister BMI may give it a go or Aer Lingus/Stobart Air?