PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geez Qantas that was quick!
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2018, 12:36
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
There’s no hatred of Jetstar but setting it up was pointless and expensive. You do NOT need to set up an entire company just to sell discount tickets! There was never anything stopping Qf selling a ‘service free’ economy ticket either on seperate aircraft within its own fleet or a seperate section on any jet.

The only reason to set up a seperate airline at monumental expense that makes any sense to me is if they intended to spin off an entity that was stuffed full of Qf cash for their own personal gain. No one has been able to prove to me that the entirety of the Jq operation has netted dollar one, and even if it has (happy to concede I may be wrong) then I would still suggest the purpose of business is to charge as much as you can for something, not deliberately increase your cost base to undercut yourself. In short, spending Qf money on Qf would have garnered a far better monetary reward.

Believe me please, I have nothing against JQ in any way. They (Qf management) have wasted just as much on share buybacks to ensure their own bonuses after all. I do, however, have a seething hatred of the incompetents wrecking Qf, a very rare and successful premium Australian brand.