PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 27th Feb 2018, 11:03
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm merely trying to correct what appears to be a significant misaprehension in certain quarters about wnat is required to achieve a degree. There seem to be many who think that a degree can be obtained without any work, or by just mugging-up on facts and regurgitating them in an exam. Neither of these are true, as most of your colleagues seem to recognise but some are still struggling with. Nor do I suggest that obtaining an ATPL can be done without effort or by just regurgitating learned facts.

I don't claim to be an "uber genius" - you made that up. Nor do I claim that people with degrees are somehow "better" than people without. I have made that very clear on several occasions. All I am saying is that there is no way to somehow equate the two - they are completely different things.

Elsewhere in this place someone asked the question"Why do people live near airports & then complain?". I think there is a similar question "Why do people choose not to take a degree and then complain when people don't accept they should be regarded as having one?".

But you do get this weels "Playing the man rather than the ball" award. That is usually taken to indicate that he you can't discuss the subject in a grown-up manner and are just spitting dummies. If that's the way you want to present yourself it is your democratic right to do so.