PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 down in Lagos discussion (Not condolences)
Old 27th Feb 2018, 00:06
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Copterline 103

...You should be more precise about Copterline 103’s mandatory after-start hydraulic checks allegation. The truth is ...
The truth is as per what was written in the accident report, which you've no doubt read. I've attached the relevant finding here, for those not familiar with it. Pilots must do the after-start hydraulics check, it's probably the most important check in the book. The accident report says it was only performed 3 times in the previous 14 engine starts.

And when you speculate about other S76 accidents that you suspect might be servo related (Nigeria, Indonesia), which everybody else knows had nothing to do with servo, just emphasizes my point. Barking up the wrong tree.

Guys, do your checks by the book, understand what you're doing, and why! In my experience teaching recurrent trainees, the knowledge level on this aspect is generally south of where it should be....I find it impossible to believe that after-start hydraulic checks would not have revealed the problematic servo in the accident aircraft at some point after it was first installed.
Attached Images