PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 21:45
Dan910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadet programs

After years of dreaming of becoming a pilot but not being able to pursue it due to finances and family commitments I am now in a position where I could actually go for it, my problem is being in my early 30,s spending 100k in the hope of getting a job offer is just crazy.

If I attempted to go down the cadet route with a gaurenteed job offer at the end of it then it is something that I would certainly go for. Now I see Easyjet are currently running a recruitment campaign for cadets but having only 9 gcse’s Grade a-c I think I can only go down the atpl route which doesn’t come with a job offer? Unlike the mpl route which I think does, or have I understood it wrong.

I could simply go and pay to do my atpl but I’ve worked far to hard to get where I am now to go and invest 100k in something that may not pay off even if I did eventually get my atpl, the money would be coming out of my mortgage which would impact my wife and kids and ultimately would be money that went towards my children’s futures such as uni fees so it isn’t a decision I make lightly. I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experiences. Thanks.