PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Feb 2018, 10:59
squawk_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to share my experience

05/01- Application
24/01- Email saying they will call within 14 days
31/01- Phone call
21/02- Assessment
23/02 -Email with Positive Answer

Hotel:
I stayed at the North Swords Travel Lodge as advised by many here on the forum, overall nice hotel with very nice staff, it has a restaurant in case you want to get for example Breakfast Lunch or Dinner, and another nice thing is you have a LIDL supermarket just around the corner, the only down side is there is no mini fridge on the room. The hotel itself is 5 min walking from the RYR Headquarters.

Assessment:
I had my assessment booked for 8 o'clock, got there at around 7:30 where i was joined by another 7 fellow pilots. At 8, a very friendly older gentlemen came to the reception to pick us up for the assessment, he showed us around while trying to make everybody feel comfortable and relaxed telling jokes and being extremely nice.
We all went to a room where we watched a video( basically explaining the same things as the briefing pack) and then we were asked for the copies of our documents, afterwards he proceeded to assign each of us with a Sim partner (They basically pair people that have done the MCC on the 737 with people who haven't) following this they gave us the appropriate charts for that day: LIVERPOOL SID WAL 2 T (climb to 5000ft), and ILS 27.

Technical:
(I was the first to be called in, again a really relaxed and easy going interview just like a conversation. My advice just be confident and honest)

HR:
-Tell me about yourself
-Why RYR
-Some questions about my Flight School
-What are your 3 main qualities that you can bring to the company
-Weaknesses
-Where did i do my MCC
-Can you afford the Type Rating
-When can you start

Technical:
-How many exits on the 737
-How many seats
-What engines does the 737 have
-Range
-What can you tell me about the DA-42
-Turbocharger
-Describe the electrical system of the DA-42

And a few other questions that i don't recall.

SIM:
-Biggest advice i can give is brief everything with your SIM partner, the better the brief on the ground the easier it is to work as a team while flying. In my opinion what they look for the most is MCC MCC MCC, so if you are PM Help your PF with call outs and whatever he needs.

-Do a good briefing on the ground prior to SIM!

-I was PF first, got in the SIM asked for the weather and clearance to my PM, afterward briefed all the SID WAL 2 T (LPL) and set all the appropriate Nav Aids, discussed Thrust Levers Handling and appropriate Flap Retraction and Speeds during the Climb, told him as well i would like a warning 1000ft and 100ft prior each altitude while climbing and descending and also 20 degrees prior to reaching each selected heading (Just makes your life easier as PF in case you get distracted or something if the PM calls out this, you dont bust an altitude or heading while flying) , then proceeded to do a basic Emergency Brief (Before V1 what we do / After V1 what we do) and brief any other Info that you deem necessary for the flight.

-Dont forget to call for checklists and clearances for the entire flight, after we did the SID , after we intercepted the radial to WAL i was given some air work by the Assessor some turns with 30 degree bank, climbs and descents( Check your MSA) and some accelerations and deaccelerations ( Dont forget Flaps).
-After ATC call, saying it was a strike at our destination what was out intentions, return back to LPL Check if you are not above your Max Landing Weight get the appropriate weather , and do appropriate DODAR and NITS Brief.
-SIM was Frozen, asked where we are and how far ( Use LPL for direction and ILS for distance)
-Brief the Approach, got vectors direct to LPL at 2500 cleared for APP
-Dont forget to slow down, passing LPL descent to 2000
-Again dont forget Checklists and callouts if PM
-Did the APP into a Full Stop Landing

Changed Seat position to PM now, basically similar flight with some minor changes.

Again, be relaxed Brief everything, know all the call outs and procedures 100%, and work as a team just like you learned on your MCC course.

All the best guys! Good Luck!