PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA 'Training Flight' seems to becoming an exam!
Old 25th Sep 2003, 14:28
Romeo Romeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA 'Training Flight' seems to becoming an exam!

The 'Training Flight' that is specified in JAR-FCL 1.245(c) somehow seems to becoming a test! There is nothing in either the ANO or in JAR-FCL that says it can be. It would appear that some instructors try to turn this into an exam by refusing to sign your log book to indicate that the training flight took place, however is there actually a requirement for them to sign it? If you look at the form you send off (here) this is what the examiner has to check:-
If by Experience the examiner shall ensure that the applicant presents logbook evidence of all flights claimed for a revalidation by Experience.
I have loads of flight that are evidence of sufficient training for my night and IMC rating that are not signed off and the other 11 hours required for revalidation will not be signed off either. It is difficult to see how my own log book is sufficient evidence for these flights but not for a one hour training flight. Is there anything wrong with oneself writing in the log book that a training flight took place and putting the instructors name against it - and perhaps signing it yourself (with your own name of course)?