PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need some serious help!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 01:01
777AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Another Thought...

Fltcpt..we were all in your shoes once. Gosh, it was a long time since I was in Grade 12 and I too had finished a PPL, with almost as much time as you. I admire your drive and you already have the passion to be an aviator. That is pretty exciting, I don't care who you are. It's fantastic!

So, some questions to think about.

1. What would you gain by coming to Canada and dropping all your money here with no reasonable expectation of getting any work here?

2. What is the likelihood that you will be able to find a job in Australia (?) vs spending a lot of time and effort to try and find some way of working in Canada?

3. Can you not finding excellent training in Australia as opposed to coming to Canada to take training?

4. Have you figured living expenses into training in Canada vs training in Australia? It is expensive here in Canada...are you living at home?

Those are just some thoughts from an old aviator who remembers what it was like to be young and energetic. From my memory, I wanted to have an ATPL, 10000 hrs and fly a B707 (the B747 was just being thought of).

You have time on your side. A lot of time. Make some smart choices at the beginning. Find some honest aviator who is willing to provide some mentorship and give you guidance along the way. You ultimately have to make the decisions but having someone to 'speak into you' could ultimately send you in the right direction with less personal hassle and money saved.

And +TSRA is correct in what he says in some ways. I don't agree with it all however; flying airplanes was my passion until I retired. They still are. I put up with the flight time limitations, long haul flights and short layovers. It was all part of what I signed on for. I have absolutely no regrets from my time in this business. And for me, my job never sucked, to be perfectly honest. I went to work each day and fully enjoyed and engaged with everyone that I worked with. In the end, it was my attitude that won the day. Anyone can have the perfect job however; if I had a bad attitude, that perfect job would be the worst thing in the world. Its a matter of perspective and what I bring to my position and all those with whom that I worked. I thoroughly enjoyed the good and the bad.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by 777AV8R; 26th Feb 2018 at 01:14.