PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 25th Feb 2018, 14:51
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43171049

OMS, Same was reported by the BBC. Hope the link works.

You mentioned somewhere above about a supply Officer being HOB back in DGSM days. Yes but the Gp Capt was suitably qualified. The supply Officer never had any LoD other than for counting the beans. When the IPT was set up in 1999/2000 things were reasonably managed. Three years later the Gp Capt PVRd.
Then we saw the two Civi Guys come into play. I would not let either one fix my bike. Tech Pubs in Brown Street shut up shop leaving no one with the skills to manage the publications.
Skills have been eroded on the front line. I think Tuc mentions how it was second nature not to overtighten the mechanism, assuming the tradesman knew how the mechanism was supposed to operate. Not sure what the standard of trade training notes are today. I still have some of my dads from 50s through 70s. For these applications thin headed shear bolts were the order of the day with pinned castlated nuts.
For Designers the SBAC published guidance books on everything from pipe fittings to riveting. Never saw these updated since 70s.
How do folks learn these days?

HH can you tell Mr Fox about Jim. The impression is that all Labour MPs of the era were Soviet Sympathisers.