PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 25th Feb 2018, 14:40
Strumble Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Ladies and) Gentlemen, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this thread for many reasons. Couldn't get into commercial aviation as a 'driver, airframes' due to dodgy eyesight but both my father and one of my sisters held UK ATPLs and enjoyed their careers. One group of my family are very hung up on the 'must have a degree to be ... ' thing. The possible drivers for that view have been discussed in many variations on this thread - thank you. As a professional engineer I enjoy winding those individuals up by saying 'well surely a UK ATPL (gained back in the day etc.) must equate to an MSc. - discuss.' And then watch the fun start! PS - could we start another thread somewhere on the Oxbridge conceit of being able to convert one of their basic degrees in basket weaving (sorry, 'hard' degree suspicion of 'soft' 'arty' degrees) to a Masters after three years (time, not further professional training) and payment? No? Oh well ...