PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High altitude stall recovery B737
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2018, 12:23
recceguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by RAT 5
it was easy to assume the Tarom pilots were ex-military and let the a/c go with the roll and not fight etc, and thus be a hero.
What the hell does it mean ? I read and read again - I can only assume you are not ex-"military" (and what does it mean, "military" - fighter pilot ? transport, helicopter pilot ? Air Force, Navy, Army ? UK, Ireland, Luxemburg, North Korea ? somebody who didn't have to pay for his training, and had to go through a selection ? somebody who has University degrees you will never get close ? somebody who had to command hundred of people at war ? )

I'm one of those, and I have done dozens, even hundreds of what you call "stalls" and loss of control in aircraft raging from SEP trainers to fighters and transport aircraft - I have done barrel rolls at night in fighters, and barrel rolls with three types of transport multi-crew aircraft (only in day VFR this time, I must confess) I had my knees shaking in a couple of occasions but I'm still here, and I'm not bragging because you don't know who I am ! so I suppose I'm a hero in your minimal world ?

For those who have been through dozens of stall recoveries in a simulator not designed to replicate that, and did remain alive, I can only suggest a medal.