PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 24th Feb 2018, 20:11
XanderFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HES1998
I don’t think you understand what he said, if you level off before the aircraft is clean (flaps up), do you ask the PM to lower the thrust or does the PF do it? I would personally make an exception to this and do it myself as PF.
I have asked the exact same question at the day of the assessment. The assessor was very clear: you should do what you’re comfortable with and what you think is right. His small hint was to set the thrust yourself before leveling off when you are PF and not yet cleaned up. At one off the plates a SID is up to just 4000 ft, so it is possible that you are still with flaps 1 when leveling off.

Also an advice: prepare the go-around procedure well. Climbing to 2.000 or 3.000 ft with g/a thrust goes very fast. Use forward trim after setting g/a thrust, otherwise you might experience troubles with leveling off. This is caused by the trim for the slower approach speed and thrust line below the centre of gravity. Consider also setting 70-75% thrust when you have 1.000 ft or less to go, otherwise there is a high risk of bursting the altitude.