PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 24th Feb 2018, 18:17
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
I see no reason why they should go out of business, Evalu8tor. They have a unique UK product and expertise. The MOD won't cop a load of blame anyway. If HSE pointed the finger at them, yet more SO/JO goats would be offered up for sacrifice. That is no reason for MB to plead guilty and some other reason must be behind it. I am inclined to the Chalgrove theory offered by others. Blackmail is an ugly word, this whole affair is an ugly business but just a normal day at the office for MOD. All the more reason to extricate UK Military Air Regulation and Accident Investigation from its maw.

I doubt you do OMQ. That is the sorry irony of "Savings at the Cost of Safety", any savings were very short lived and the cost in blood and treasure continues relentlessly, unless and until airworthiness and accident investigation reform occurs.
I totally agree, chug. My comment was 'T.I.C' of course.

But, in the long run, you get what you pay for I guess. So sad so many lives have been lost needlessly during that run.