PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2018, 11:58
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Icarus, we all know "Frozen ATPL" isn't a thing here, but it's shorter than typing "Passes in all ATPL Subjects" and we all know what they mean, it's a colloquial term when used here.

Am I the only one who thinks these colleges are a terrible idea? I went through a semester at Griffith Uni about 10 years ago and the number of people who joined because "It looked cool" was staggering, many I wouldn't have thought should be in a cockpit back then and just as many now that I definitely don't think should be, a lot who dropped out after a year or so when they realised what it really involved.

I can see a Qantas run "Flight College" as being full of heartache, regrets and debt. There will of course be those who want it and will always want it, they'll go through and be happy as larry, but there will be many who drop out along the way with massive debt to their name or realise that Aviation is more than just high exit scores.

I'm all for people getting the opportunity to follow their dreams and having access to VET-FEE, HECS etc... but I really hope the people doing the recruiting are more than just your usual HR flunkies and that the reality of Aviation is clearly explained to these recruits beyond just flashy advertising showing shiny jets, shiny hats and good looking hosties.