PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Weekly AT Delusion Newsletter
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2018, 15:29
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Weekly AT Delusion Newsletter

The Weekly AT Delusion, Feb 21.

Another cracking yarn from that master of disaster, AT. It of course starts out with “The Big Lie”. A tried and true technique of propaganda ministers around the world. Tell a big enough lie, rinse and repeat and eventually people believe it’s the truth (or so she hopes). She mentions having such a happy time at Bai Nain, spending time with her beloved FOP members. Apparently, it was such a happy time that she was led to declare “it was wonderful to see employees across FOP in good spirits". Huh? Did I miss something? Which employee was she referring to? FOP personnel in good spirits"? I think she must have been a guest at a different airlines event, perhaps Delta, QF, AZ airlines that are turning in record profits and providing their employees with real careers (heck, their pilots can even afford homes which they can raise a family in, a concept that you and your management don’t seem to comprehend). No doubt their senior FOP personnel ARE happy, as you have managed to turn CX into a cost free training source for them. AT, you are the only one who could possibly make such an absurd comment, and only because you seem to believe your own delusions. For the sake of clarity, it is safe to say that there are NO FOP members in good spirits. Beggars belief.

She then goes on to trumpet that our OTP is between 50-60%, and somehow that is to be considered good . Most DFO’s in other airlines would be laughed out of their jobs with such an absurd and pathetic acclamation. At CX, the mediocre is now lauded as accomplishment. You can’t make this up.

Then, there is an interesting run of three articles that focus on being unfit, and the relevant reporting procedures. I suspect this highlights the ‘big’ concern: an ever increasing rate of ‘unfit’ for duty calls. A word to the wise AT; the main cause of the ever increasing rate of unfit calls is a general lack of couldn’t give a , an illness that once acquired usually proves terminal to ones dedication to the job. The cure is to find another employer, something that hundreds upon hundreds of your pilots are in the middle of doing, every hour, every day, and every week. A process that will continue until you have effectively lost the majority of your aircrew.

CP81, the new cadet course (yes, let’s replace thousands of hours of experience with snowflakes, who might just be able to recognize a twin-engine Cessna during daylight. Great strategy to build a safe and efficient airline, not).

The 3-Bar announcement. Soon to be followed by their resignation announcements. Inevitably gone to our competitors around the world that will provide them and their families with a proper career.

The Farewell announcement. Strange, it didn’t seem to include the names of the 60+ pilots who have resigned over the past few weeks. Curious.

Company Performance. Well, according to you, things are doing well. We can all now obviously forget about any concessions, as the company's story has more than a few holes in it. Even more so as you effectively confirmed things are fine by agreeing to a full 13th month for all staff (other than your beloved pilots of course), and even a PAY RAISE for the cabin crew. No airline raises pay if the airline is in genuine trouble. The pilots of your airline well understand the truth, and it isn’t anything you are telling us. Hence, most of us are leaving, soon. You have no credibility, nor do any of the other leadership. Pilots no longer have to stay and suffer the contempt and disdain that you seem intent on showing them.

Kung Hei Fat Choi, from the “Leadership Team”. Hilarious photo featuring RH. I am assuming those happy pilots in the photo opened those red envelopes in hopes of finding their missing (stolen...did they check RH's pockets?) 13th month? “Leadership”? Nothing of that sort exists in this airline, starting with you AT. "Leaders" are called such because they have earned the title, and accompanying respect. Neither of which apply to you, or any other Swire manager for that matter. (and I’m surprised those pilots didn’t immediately call in unfit from the severe nausea they must have been feeling at that point).

AT, nothing you now do can or will accomplish anything positive, particularly for management or the airline. You have squandered your opportunity (and you as well RH). Not only that, but your actions and focus on harming the pilot group have now led to the situation where the vast majority of the pilot body is making dedicated plans to leave CX. There isn’t a flight I do without one or more of the other crew telling me that they have applied, just interviewed or are awaiting a course date with one of the airlines competitors. You and your ilk have managed to corrode the very foundations of this airline. You have convinced 2000+ pilots that their best interests lie elsewhere. That process is now unstoppable. When 10+ year FO’s leave rather than take a command course, you can be sure that you have failed. And there is no doubt, you HAVE failed.

Last edited by Trafalgar; 23rd Feb 2018 at 18:57.