PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 23rd Feb 2018, 12:45
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PDR1, calm down. ATPL of the 70's was the comparison with the degrees of today. Then, there were NO multi-choice exams. Everyone requiring hand written submissions. Don't even get me started on how ,for example, in Met Practical, we had to construct an entire met chart, decode most stations, show the centre of the low, centre of the high, plot the fronts, give an" actual" (using correct language ) of a departure point, correctly identify a destination, decode that as well and then, with good knowledge of geostrophic theory & Buys Ballot's law, offer a forecast for the destination. Crikey, that was just Met Practical requiring 80% to pass. Met Theory only needed 65%. Gosh, I did say " Don't even get me started" but you trolled me out !Nowadays, ATPL has dumbed down and so, has, my goodness, your every day degree in Social Media Studies . My ATPL of the 70's is equal to any degree of today. Easily by far. THAT, my dear fellow, was the point.