PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 19:25
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beafer, how's about you learn to read because all of this has been covered previously, if you don't like the answer hard luck I'm afraid

Originally Posted by Beafer
Peel promised £20m investment. I have seen no proof of that investment just lots of payments to other Peel companies out of the DTVA accounts such as payments for ATC services.
Covering the losses over the years has probably meant they've spent twice £20m, now it does not matter if you do not consider that investment, it does not matter if I do not consider that investment, it does not matter if SWBKCB, N707ZS, MacGinty or whoever else does not consider that as investment, Peel does, and it seems to be recognised by the business community and Government therefore it stands.

Peel are worth billions of pounds, and the owner Whittaker is worth billions. No public money should be paid to either when they got the airport so cheap. They are the majority owner, let them put £4m in.
For the third time of mentioning, if it was as straight forward and ridiculous -looking as what the press make it out to be, Peel would't ask for it, they are smarter than that. Besides, even if they are trying their luck, doesn't everyone do that during our everyday lives? We all love something for nothing if it's on the table!

One point people seem to be skirting around and the press haven't asked during the Hough interview is what are the financial criteria which Hough said would be the deciding factor after 5 years.
Robert may have those figures, but no mention of the details?

Question, if the airport is still losing the so called £2m a year will Peel close it, or give it another 5 years when the break point is due?
As someone else said, how many other airports of our kind are guaranteeing to still be open next week? Peel are being generous, and the likelihood is they won't close at the end of the five years anyway, A) because of the storm it would cause and B) why close for such a weak excuse when they've had a couple of strong opportunities in the past?