PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen-2
Thread: Aberdeen-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 18:39
CaptainDoony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I have found surprising is that it has taken this long for routes to start dropping. The economy up here started to get hammered at the start of 2015 and now we are in 2018 and have only just started to see routes being cut entirely (ironic as things perhaps seem to be getting a bit better in the last 6-9 months)

MME - Loganair
KOI - Flybe
LSI - Flybe

These three I wouldn't consider of ABZ's doing, the very public handbags/willy waving we all know about has taken care of these.

WAW & KEF both only launched Mid-2016 so some'll work, some won't. (Gdansk lives on btw)

NWI has been overcapacity for a while, the days of 4-way bunfights on SVG are gone, 3x daily with Eastern has got to be more sustainable in the long run?

FRA is a disaster. Also, the lost capacity is not being filled, BA overall are a frequency down to LHR daily and KL & AF sticking with 4x & 2x daily. Perhaps if things remain stable-ish this year we will see some frequencies returning next year.

apart from the rumblings of Norwegian is there any other likely additions (apart from FR)?
Unconfirmed, but even things aren't great with their new best mates by the looks of things

All bad news sadly though, FR have launched their W18 schedule and AGP is missing from the release. All other UK airports have AGP loaded, except ABZ & GLA (which only has DUB showing so far).

I would hesitate to say it is going seasonal yet but given the loads were really bad in Dec (and I think January will be about the same), just 70%, I'm not filled with optimism. ALC is there though. Summer performance was good so could only see it going seasonal at worst. Will have to wait for confirmation on that.

Finally, I don't think Brexit is going to have a lasting impact on UK-EU aviation, at worst a few teething problems...

2018 is going to be a bad one for ABZ, 2019 might be better