PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta 100 hourly/annual inspection $A42,140
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 07:21
as350nut

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why shouldn't you complain Dick ;and all owners should complain about a system that only works for commercial operators. By this I mean if you operate a 109, MD 500, or a AS350 and have a $2,000+ charge out rate of course you can at least accept a big 100hr, or a 2yr,6yr,or 12 yr, but if you are a private operator its just prohibitive, I don't care how much money you have its just not realistic. I had the experience of a EC120 that had a fresh 12 yr done by Airbus/Eurocopter, and at the 2 yr it still cost 40,000 and only 200 hrs flown. It beggars belief that the charges delivered to owners just for looking at aircraft, that is I will look at your helicopter for 2 weeks, nothing replaced, nothing found wrong, often working better before they got hold of it than after the looking process is just ridiculous. I am over it. Makes you like the Robi. So in this case ( the 109) it works out at $140 an hour flown for the engineer to look at the aircraft. So at the rate charged for labour, its the same as having him sit in the seat while the hours were flown. I wonder if that would work?