PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2018, 15:28
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound
I don't see the question. If the airline is getting you the visa and you go through the TC-FAA conversion process you would be like anyone else applying for the job. Right to work in the US? Check. Fourteen hundred and ninety hour commercial ME/IR? Check. Good to go.
MI,

Well, it's not the best question I've ever asked. More rhetorical than inquisitive, I guess.

I was just musing . It's what we do here at Ye Olde Pilot Home.

If a person went for an FAA ATP, he'd have to have that ATP-CTP course:

"4. An applicant for an FAA ATP Certificate with an airplane category and multiengine class rating after July 31, 2014 must present a graduation certificate from an authorized training provider for the ATP CTP at the time of application for the appropriate FAA ATP knowledge test."

So, if a person with a TCCA ATP wanted to get an FAA ATP but didn't want to cough up $5K for that course, he'd probably just get the FAA CPL and let the airline foot the bill for the course under the Air Wisconsin scenario.

Additional question is how many Canadians have availed themselves of this license pathway at the CPL/ATP level. I looked here for a breakdown and didn't see it addressed. Maybe you can find it:

https://www.faa.gov/data_research/av...en_statistics/

Last edited by bafanguy; 21st Feb 2018 at 19:30. Reason: additional question