PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2018, 13:30
Derozan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by divergent

Derozan - Just curious, why would you want to come back and work for CX? A buddy of mine went to UWO for college, got his BA in Aviation, paid his training with his own money. He refused to join CX because he doesn't to be a slave to them, now he is flying with Air Georgian as a Senior First Officer and he is a free man. He is only 28 by the way. I know you and I can have a debate on this, but if I were you, if I had a dual citizenship, I would have worked my ass off to stay away from this program, not to mention the useless P2X rating and 5 years prolonged upgrade time. Just a thought. But to your question, the answer is YES. You will have to do at least three round trips and you will have to pay for them. Good Luck
To be utterly honest with you, I was going to apply just because the starting salary in the position is pretty good, 40K is livable in Hong Kong. I'm actually currently working at AC as an operations manager, equivalent to working at the CX IOC, I do really want to try out life in Hong Kong and I thought why not. If I get a management position in Hong Kong over 40K/month I would probably not consider the cadet position, however with that being said I'm only 25 with only 3 years in the industry, so it's pretty tough. Still thinking of whether or not to apply though.....