PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane rental in Cuba
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2018, 19:13
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to give you a flavor for how they roll down there if you fall afoul of their rules. On a previous visit I spent 6 hours in a cell being grilled by military types which led me to miss my departure flight due to misplacing my entry/leaving sheet. While walking with a friend between the Revolution museum building to the center park to see Grandma (the yacht Castro used to launch the revolution) a small skinny kid demanded my friends camera case in Spanish, I told him in the most aggressive manner possible to fcuk off, he proceeded to pull the largest handgun I’d ever seen from his waistband under a loose fitting Hawaiian shirt. We resigned ourselves to being robbed and handed over the camera in its case, he took it inspected it and handed it back. He along with literally thousands of youthful casually dressed chaps with business like haircuts are secret police keeping an eye on the locals and any Yanks (mostly southern Floridians of a certain ethnicity) with a grudge against Castro for confiscating their families property and have a nasty habit of planting bombs in tourist hotels or symbols of the revolution. They welcome tourists but mess with them and your up **** creek, just check out what happened to some of the pushier members of Brothers to the Rescue group and their Cessna Skymasters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996...escue_aircraft

Again, a beautiful place with amazing people, but as B2n2 said it’s a dictatorship.