PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2018, 16:04
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction update

It has been a while since I did one of these but there is activity to be seen again although nothing regarding the DART construction that should be under way by now.

The lifts in the building that used to go to the short term car park appear to be being removed. Looking at the construction site drawing the whole core and the link bridge are going to be removed. Highlighted in red is the core building that is in the way despite only being completed and opened around 15 months ago. In another drawing this location is part of the exit ramp from the car park.

As can be seen work has been started on the foundations of I assume the second multistory but confusingly the drilling machine is putting in holes that are being filled with reinforced concrete only 2 metres apart so maybe it is for the ramp as the first floor of the multistory will be accessed from around this point.

The new multistory hugs the existing road and is much larger than the existing multistory.

A subway will be constructed across the road but the subway will be at the existing land level so the road will be raised to cross the subway. Work seems to have started on a temporary road to allow the existing road to be raised. Also seen is the core that looks like it will be removed.

Meanwhile on the other side of the airport work continues on a very modest expansion of the ground floor immigration hall as a roof has been put in on the first floor extension above the hall which I think will be a shop and a link to the new walkway.

Last edited by LTNman; 20th Feb 2018 at 17:19.