PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry cabin crew (forum rumor)
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2018, 07:33
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
I don't disagree with some of your points. However, I would have thought that it's BECAUSE of the very reasons you state that, as a group, pilots are in a far stronger position to stand their ground than our cabin crew colleagues.

We need around 750-800 pilots over the next 12-14 months. We're getting a fraction of that number. Cabin crew recruitment has been frozen for the last 18 months and only now is it planned to re start with the earliest course being late April, early May. Without wishing to sound like the patronising git you accuse me of, if you were running this Company, which group do YOU think is the one the Company needs the most. Some of those cabin crew you refer to are just as much invested in their job as us. I would say that a large number of our pursers, CSV's and FG1's have spouses and children and, unlike the majority of pilots, also use their income to support extended family back home.

As for the disparaging comments, I'll stand by that. When I see your name on the EK dedicated forum along with Talparc and his like, then I'll retract my opinion that the majority of moaners haven't the balls!

Harry
You are confusing leverage with risk. Doesn't matter if pilots have more of the former if they're reluctant to wield it due to the more drastic potential for loss if they fail. You DO understand the principles of risk management, right?

As far as which employee group has more to lose, I DID state that my opinion was a generality with exceptions. No need to virtue-signal.

I'm in the "enjoying-my-life" club with SOPS and a LOT of others, y'know, the ones who did a bit more than moan, and voted with their feet. I am doubtful we are welcome in the "EK dedicated forum".