PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 19th Feb 2018, 19:02
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR1
Had I chosen "professional pilot" then I would have had access to the fame, fortune and hot babes, and probably still had the fast cars, but I would never have got the lettuce.
No need to comment further I believe.

Aerial Bus Driver, 1st Class?

OK, so there's a lot of stuff to cram - taxi drivers suffer the same (Ealing Broadway to Mornington Crescent when the yellow ball is on the blue diagonal and residential one-way streets are wild)
See above.

Sure, an ATPL+TR could expect a high probability of successfully flying and landing a jet in adverse weather with some systems malfunctions*, but that's a manual skill not a something involing higher education.
There is just a little bit more than that. Whenever You have 5 spare minutes have a look at the Manual of Evidence Based Training.

Sonic, old fruit - there are plenty of your ATPL colleagues who have agreed with me, so it clearly isn't a matter of me "not knowing what I'm talking about". You're just making a public fool of yourself.
If they are active professional pilots I respect their opinion as they know what the story is.