PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High altitude stall recovery B737
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 12:01
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
piratepete
But in 28 years of simulator training I have seen various TRIs and trainees only apply one type of recovery. Unlike Trump, I CAN read. However it is very important to consider the WHOLE issue not just one aspect. Perhaps im stupid but im still a TRE and treat this issue with great care. Too much emphasis on one method only has a lot of risk attached. Sometimes powering out is the better method, of course at altitude primarily unstalling the wing is correct technique. Have an open mind Sir.
I hope you read my post 44 and 59. Out of the 28 years at least twenty years powering out of stall was taught. Only now the procedure is changed. The new procedure asks you to unstall irrespective of altitude. Your concern of ground contact at lower altitude is correct but for recovery from stall it is not the altitude but whether the aircraft has stalled or is on the verge of stall with stall warning is important. If the aircraft has stalled you cannot power out of it. Stall warning is not stall. To give you airbus figures stall warning is set at alpha max+4 degrees and stall occurs even later. It will depend on rate of change of AOA also. So if you are on the verge you may succeed in powering out of it because you haven't lost control yet but if you are in full stall it will not work. It cannot be taught as an alternate method. Yes! after unstalling you may have to begin recovery of flight path sooner.