PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4-5 day ppl exam courses
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 09:25
anchorhold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B61... I entirely agree, the PPL is not preparation for the CPL or ATPL, they are very different qyalifications.. in the 1980s a PPL candidate did a GFT (skill test) and a solo QXC (qualifinying cross coubtry), then in the nineties there was a navigation test and separate skill test. Then at the beining of the 12st century someone came up with the brught idea that the PPL nav test and skill test, which in my opinion as an eximiner is far too long for a PPL candidate to concentrate and maintain good performance over ninety minutes.

On the subject of students records if a student changes schools and the old schoool will not pass on to the new school, the CAA should inforce this.

When I did my UK ATPL's I did them by self study with PPSC, it worked well for me, but it was not for everyone. It took me longer that the intensive courses, but I think I retained more that those who were on intensive courses, that is the case to date,although I might need to revise a compass swing, although I very much doubt that is still on the ATPL syllabus.

I do wonder if there are any PPL correspondance courses in the UK, As to why there does not seem much enthusiasm to teact the PPL theorecticals, particularky by retired pilots, it is probably down to the lack interest in the EASA training PPL training ethos.