PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 07:59
HughMartin

Howcanwebeexpectedtoflylikeeagles
whensurroundedbyturkeys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the years I have regularly dreamt of being trapped by wires. The scenario is usually trying to take off along a street with lots of wires crisscrossing it. My worst one was finding myself hovering in the middle of the Rugby radio station aerial array at night, which, in its day, had 12 aerial masts up to 800 feet high held up by lots of guy ropes and supporting long aerial wires between them. It was thick fog and I knew where I was but couldn’t see a thing.

Having retired three years ago, my aviation related dreams have changed. They tend to be about finding myself about to go flying when I shouldn’t be. My last one was going in to work as a retired pilot and being asked if I could do them a favour and doing a flight because they had run out of pilots. Next thing I am in the cockpit with passengers being loaded and realising I had never flowed this type of helicopter before. Not wanting to let everyone down, I’m thinking as long as I can work out how to get the engines going I should get away with it.

Glad to hear I’m not alone with my dreams but I do resent dreaming about work when I am retired.