PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 17th Feb 2018, 15:06
PA28161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonway
I have a Master of Science degree in Aeronautics. At the age of 40 years, I studied and sat the 14 JAA ATPL(A) theory subjects in order to convert a non-JAA license. Those subjects were a lot more work than anything I'd studied at University up until then.

Good on the Spanish, if it's true.
I somewhat agree.I've got MB ChB PhD BSc and the hardest part of my academic life was getting four A levels to get into university. The MB ChB is a memory slog, the PhD just 40000 words for a thesis that no one is remotely interested in, the BSc (Hons) quite manageable and not too difficult. I found studying for my PPL theory exams quite challenging. I've seen the ATPL theory papers that my son took some years ago, and those also looked quite challenging I would rate them around 2:1/2:2 degree in terms of study content, so yes I would concur with the Spanish. Of course, it all depends on the discipline, I did medicine and clinical biochemistry. Probably just a tad more difficult than a BA in embroidery