PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2018, 18:16
Dualinput

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response below in red

Originally Posted by bluelearjetdriver
Time to fire up this thread again

I am a 320 Captain (7500 total time inclusive on 2000hrs command) living in Dubai, working for the dark side, due well south of Sharjah. For personal reasons/circumstances I am considering AA.

I have been invited for a DEC interview, with the intention of going on to the 6/2 contract. Up to date information is very hard to come by (I have asked AA directly but no banana), so here are my questions:
1) Basic salary considering my experience (I realise they have a salary scale according to experience)

38,500 AED including housing, transport & uniform (for permanent contract)

2) Flight Pay (realise it is complicated due to the various rates paid)

yes bit complicated as there are slabs and night pay, but expect around AED 20,000 for 80 hr roster

3) Education Allowance (I believe it is AED40k per child). Can it be used outside of the UAE?

120k total for 3 kids, 40k per kid...can be used outside UAE but only 80%

4) Other allowances including housing/transport/uniform (I believe the total for these is AED174k)

correct. But I added above in basic in point # 1

5) Medical insurance. Is it any good? I don't need maternity cover....

not so good but manageable

6) AND Finally working a mix of days and nights and flying, say 90 hours in a month, what is the net salary EXCLUDING the fixed allowances every month?

net salary for 90 hours INCLUDING everything for your experience will be around 60k, increases by another 7k once u pass 3000pic on type

Oh, and any ideas as to what a DEC interview entails?

day1 written exam, psychometric test and personal interview. Day 2 sim check (40mins, basic)

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose the information publicly.