PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 16th Feb 2018, 10:51
AlasAnAvidAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Signed up to join in on this thread, I have been given a chance to head in and complete the wombat test for REX, i feel pretty confident in my ability to nail whatever it entails as i have a disgusting amount of experience in way too many video games. I however have recently carefully read the REX FAQ and multiple things concern me;
  • At any time the company can terminate you at their discretion and you have to pay back the entire loan.
  • The total cost of the cadet program is $105,000 that is absurd..
  • The F/O position you will be stuck in for a total of 7 years not including the time spent away from family friends and partners in WAGGA pays a sub standard wage..
  • Id like to possibly eat food and maybe be able to afford to pay my electricity bill whilst working for REX.
  • They have an enterprise agreement for 2014/2015 yet the FAQ states you will be paid under the 2011 agreement, not sure what that is all about.
  • It makes no sense for them to be asking for school results regardless of the age / life experience of their applicants.
  • If i was reading correctly you wont be gaining command hours during your career.
All of these things are big indications that maybe this cadet ship would not as much propel me forward in the career i want but hold me back over the long term, Is it worth giving up a job earning $80,000 - $100,000 a year, a partner, a home and lifestyle to hope that after taking out this massive loan and hoping that they find me suitable for maybe eventually flying out of the airport of my choice for the company of my choice when it specifically states that the final decisions will be made by the company with no real regard to the fact that you told them you have a preference? I don't really know if its worth even going in and doing the wombat test at this point..

Id love to hear back from some current Cadets some Current F/O's or long term REX employee's as to the current state of affairs within the company so maybe i can side step this potential ****fest.