PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 "updates" ......
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 10:18
Buster15

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Octane
Part 1:

Microsoft is trying to hijack / screw up my laptop.
It is a Lenovo Yoga 310 and maybe 6 months old only.

Before I kept getting hassled to "update" and I finally gave in and let it do it a month ago.
The "update" nearly turned the machine into a brick. The laptop became so slow the cursor didn't respond. I couldn't open anything, it made the laptop unusable.

I had to resort to resetting the machine. After that I spent a day deleting a s@#t load of new crapware. Games, Xbox crap, gaming crap etc etc.. All microsoft related junk.
Some of the stuff I had to do DOS like commands to remove the sh%t. Even then some junk I couldn't delete completely.

I just want my laptop for surfing and emailing etc.

Part 2:

About 1 month later, now, as in today I'm getting notifications "they" need to do another update. Again, only a month later, WTF?
What do I do? I don't want another "update". I'm happy with the way it is. The laptop is fine as it is. Security updates, no problem, I can accept that. But That's not what the "updates" appear to be doing.. I'm scared about what they are going to do to my machine this time..

As I write this, I just received another prompt to update.
What on earth should I do?? Advice would be much appreciated...

(please no "go to Linux" type advice)

Thanks

Michael
I too have found that the latest W10 update, which took hours to install has significantly slowed the start up of my laptop (also a Lenovo but older than yours). Once it starts it is not too bad but to be honest I now tend to use my phone as it is so much quicker.
Not an IT person so I can not give you any advice.