PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 07:11
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m trying to point out that ordering more of these modern, fuel efficient aircraft is now imperative, no matter what is going on between Pilots and management, otherwise it won’t be long until we see those $1 shares again. It is a stupid threat to make, because it is not something they can be held to if they want future success for the airline.
Precisely.
To them as hammers every problem is a nail!
They will not change the HR/IR adversarial model unless it is forced onto them. The demographic shortage will over time weaken this model of employee relations.

In the interim:

• Qantas signed up to reduce CO2 1.5% year on year to 2020, then carbon neutral
  • The fuel included CASK is an order of magnitude outside their peers.
  • Others (media and analysts) as well as pilots have noticed.

They run a real risk that the narrative of 'transformation' could unwind. Their capital expenditure is lagging cyclically. This is precarious which is the point of the SMH article. Not replacing capital equipment juices the numbers, but you still have to do it. It would have been a far more efficient use of shareholder capital to re-fleet rather than buy back shares.

For pilots it must be distressing to watch these self anointed smartest men in the room, do more damage after the lock out and grounding in 2011.

If it is goodwill that holds it all together, simply withdrawing that by not complying, ignoring phone calls and the 'can you help us out' cries will be sufficient.

To hurt these fools, hurt them with the things they count. Goodwill to them is a given, so they don't bother counting it.Boy do they notice when it isn't there!..Just say NO is rather elementary. No I will not extend, NO i will not sign on early. Rather simple.

If what was written is correct, the $8 million dollar man Andrew David ought be able for that amount of money to work it all out!