PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Direct Entry Commands (merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2003, 18:40
EK380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

The DE CPT requirements seem to have changed AGAIN....

On www.emiratesgroupcareers.com the requirements are now:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Requirements for Position of Direct Entry Captain

A minimum of 10,000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 3,000 hours in command of multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft in excess of 55,000 KGS MTOW
Preference for short listing will be given to A340/A330 rated pilots and those with wide body experience. A background in training would also be advantageous.
ICAO ATPL
Applicants must be less than 56 years on joining
Experience commensurate with age

In the previous 2 company requirement MEMO's (last one less than 24hrs ago!), widebody or type rated experience was required....now they seem to have changed it AGAIN...to ">55T command". Means B737, A320 a.s.o. guys can apply now as well!!! This will make open the door to a hell more canidates!!!

Don't know what I have to think about all of this...EK is a very dynamic company, but changing requirements AGAIN in less than 24hrs....Don't know, but what will change after this, salaries, accomodation allowances.....???? Make up your mind guys!

It used to be a nice company to work for since I joined (+1 year), but it all seems to degrade very, very rapidly!!!

Guys wanting to join now....please think twice before coming over! I probably wouldn't do it again with all I have seen in the last couple of weeks.

To make it clear, I personally understand that there is a requirement for some DE CPT's, but the way requirements come down, from high requirements (wide-body, type-rated...etc...), to a lot lower requirements, bothers me...and probably not only me!

CU,

If I will still be here!!?? ... I'll probably start to look around for something else!