PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Feb 2018, 19:05
pilotguy1222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by embraerskipper84
Everyone here is emphasizing that EK rosters offer only 9 guaranteed days off.... BUT no one that mentions the 42days of vacation per year.... simple math brings me to an average of 12.5 days off a month (daysoff+vacationdays/12). I am working for a regional well known company in North American, i get 10 guaranteed days off a month and 2 (business) week (10days) of vacation in a year...this brings me to to an average of 10.8 days off a month in one year. with an average 85 hours blocked per month, 8 sick days per year, and a min guaranteed of 75hrs which i never went below.
As a captain on a medium jet, I make 2/3 of an EK's FO on his first year.... WHY, and WHY no one that works in North America opens a forum with so many complaints about their low salaries and heavy rosters??? Why those pilots that claim to be employed at EK, do not speak about their former companies? i think that you all applied for EK, when you had already a job...no one was pointing a gun on your heads while signing for EK. and not least, i think that everyone that does not want to work there anymore can leave at anytime....
this thread is filled by butthurt people and some fake pilots....FYI forums are made to share information, and not trying to influence people or to put a company under a really bad light, just because they did not get hired or do not like their working conditions anymore... if somebody is getting influenced by all of you, in my opinion should not be a pilot.
Any company across the world has their pro and cons. Paradise does not exist,
So long
Um, someone asked for a roster on the 380, so I gave them one.

Forums are for whatever people want them to be for. There is not set rule about someone can or can't talk about on a forum. If I think that ABC airline needs to be bashed, because it sucks, and someone is interested in going there, I might give it a bashing.

I came here from a regional owned by DL 7yrs ago when DL started driving it into the ground. It was a wise choice as that company doesn't exist anymore. I also chose to come here as I wanted to see the world, and not a single U.S. airline would allow me to do that.
It does not matter where people are, people will b!tch about certain things.

Oh, and paradise does exist, and I believe it involves a float plane in the South Pacific.